Thursday, August 18, 2011

St. Augustine and high kicks!


Forest and I spent a glorious long weekend in St. Augustine with our cousins.  Brantlee and Sarah were very gracious hosts to us, and I had a blast catching up with Marcie and Michele.  We have a few pictures to share from our trip.  Enjoy!  

Also, the high kicks are from the baby not from me!  Forest actually felt our little one kick today.  What a precious gift from the Lord!

The trip down took a little longer than expected.  Just a little traffic on I-95.

 We spent some time browsing the farmers market on Saturday.

Sarah, Michele, and Marcie. 

 Touring the town of St. Augustine.

 Brantlee and Sarah took us to this wonderful restaurant.  The food was really fresh and delicious.  I had a salad with marinated peaches, sweet potatoes, pulled chicken, pecans, and a lemon basil vinaigrette.  I highly recommend this place!


 This is actually from our detour through Charleston, SC.  For some reason, we thought it was a good idea to pose near the graves.

 Forest...reading...aka napping.

 Brantlee showing off his skating skills.

 Forest doing some trick with a hard name that I cannot remember.


 It's a dolphin!  Florida did not disappoint.  We saw a few groups of dolphins during our visit.  

 Hanging ten.