Thursday, May 17, 2012

From the homefront

Since being home, I seem to have more time. Yes, yes, some days I seem to have no time ( I mean I do have someone home with me who can be very demanding), but on most days I have the opportunity to pause and reflect. I've thought more and more about how I can use my time wisely. It can be easy to focus on the isolation, the fussiness, the house being clean, working out, a million things really.  At church, we are going through Ephesians and this verse really struck me:

"Look then carefully how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time because the days are evil".
Ephesians 5:15-16



I do desperately want to use my time wisely and make my life count!  So, I've decided to pray.  I mean I've always spent at least some time praying, but honestly it's not one of those things that comes to me easily. To help with my lack of discipline, Forest and I made note cards with a verse on the front and names, places, needs, and missionaries on the back. Throughout the day, I take a little time and pray. Send me your requests friends!  I'm praying for you!
 

Back before the rains came, Addison and I spent a little time lounging on the lawn.  Jonathan has a beautiful yard!



I asked my dad-in-law about the "flowers" below and he so politely quoted, "A weed is a plant out of place.” Jim Thompson, The Killer Inside Me





Have a lovely Thursday!