Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lately...

We've been enjoying the nice spring weather around here!  The pollen not so much.

Do you know what begins to happen in the spring?  FESTIVALS!  Forest and I love festivals!  Crawfish, Peach, Chitlins...ok maybe not chitlins.  This weekend we went to Epworth Children's Home for some great BBQ!  If you know of a good festival, let me know.  I'm always on the lookout.  I've heard there is a Chocolate Festival in Aiken.  I'm dying to give that one a try!



March was a great start to the spring with a visit from Aunt Holly.  She stopped by on her way down to the Bridge Run.  I missed doing it this year.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Maybe not:)   


check out those awesome thighs
Also, we had quite a few family birthdays in March.  My brother turned 27 and my precious grandma turned 80!  We had a big party to celebrate her life.  My mom decorated with pictures from her early years...her beauty queen photos, basketball shots, and some with my grandpa.  I know she misses him.  58 of those 80 years were with him.
 




We tried to get outside as much as possible.  Need to take advantage before the 100 degree days hit us hard.  Forest makes sure our fair little girl is fully protected from the sun.  Even if it means carrying an umbrella like a parasol.


Hopefully she'll be laughing soon!  The smiles we're currently receiving make all that fussing worth it.


Easter was nice with a visit to the grandparents. Little mama was recovering from an ear infection...which meant I spent Easter lunch holding her in a back room.  Welcome to motherhood!  She sure looked cute in her bunny dress though.



We saw this beautiful rainbow over the back yard.  Have you seen this?  We think it's hilarious anyways.


Mostly we've been just hanging around and enjoying time together.  Uncle Jonnie is always up for a visit with his niece.  Unfortunately, I the type to wish the time away.  So, I'm trying to consciously enjoy a little moment with her each day.  I know she'll be 18 and heading off to college before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment