Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Long Overdue

Hello friends! We've been extra busy these past few months and have not been able to update. I thought I would give a quick rundown since the last post.

Right after Halloween, Addison and I flew to Jackson, Mississippi to join Forest. Yes, flew on a plane. Yes, it was horrible. Yes, I totally don't recommend flying with a 9 1/2 month old. And yes, the person beside me moved after being kicked in the ribs constantly by a crazy baby (not to mention the person in front of me rudely asked ME to stop kicking her chair...like I was the one kicking her chair). But we made it and had a fun few weeks exploring Jackson. We were able to visit with my dear friend Brittany, have milkshakes at the famous Brent's Drugs, and go to the most awesome park ever! Forest enjoyed his final clinical rotation at St. Dominic's where he was able to learn about Hand Therapy. 

Addison is growing like crazy. She took her first steps in November and is now practically running. She is also getting a mouth full of teeth (finally) and loves to brush them. 





Addison modeling for daddy


Uncle Jonnie and Cousin Maple


We enjoyed a lovely visit from "Auntie" Karen right before we left for Jackson!







She is clearly very excited about reading the bible:) This is probably taken right before she ripped out 1 John. 


After Jackson, we drove (for 10 hours with a baby in the car) home to spend Thanksgiving with the Duttons. We were also able to visit with the Baggett family and let Addison see the horses. She is really into farm animals right now and liked petting the horses in real life. Isn't their property beautiful?  It was very tempting to stand there and take millions of pictures. But Addison is a fan of putting everything in her mouth and I didn't want her to sample horse you-know-what.
 






She LOVES Pat the Bunny. The book is destroyed. I think we'll go through several copies of this one.


Forest and I then journeyed to Rochester, MN where we will be moving! It was chilly but very beautiful. We saw quaint farms, tasted cheese curds, learned about snow melt and snow blowers (I wrongly was picturing a leaf blower), and tried to decipher a totally new accent and vocabulary (our realtor kept exclaiming "Holy Buckets!").

When we returned, I had the privilege of attending my beautiful sis-in-law's baby shower. We are so excited to welcome our little niece into the world. And can I just mention that it was the most awesome baby shower. It was like Pinterest came to life! I thoroughly enjoyed the grits bar (don't think I'll see many of those in Minnesota).





Our dear friends the Saxons came for a brief visit. Addison has not yet learned that you do not make friends by tackling other children.



Also, I turned THIRTY!!!!!! 

Oh my gosh I'm old! That's okay...you're only as old as you feel right?? And my sweet friends came to celebrate with me. I am so blessed!


The Dutton Christmas party was a blast as usual. Holly and Jake know that the way to Forest's heart is through Russian hats.



Lastly, FOREST GRADUATED FROM PHYSICAL THERAPY SCHOOL! I've been waiting to write that for 3 1/2 years! It was an honor to support him through this crazy adventure. He is officially Lieutenant Forest Dutton, United States Public Health Services Commissioned Corps. He will be a physical therapist for the Commissioned Corps starting in January and we will begin our Minnesota life together.